Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Seeing Pink !


I saw this great pink fridge today on the site www.inthekitchen.com
I love pink !!
( Even their mixer on top of the fridge is pink !)

I also have a little girl who has been so pink focused that often I SEE PINK everywhere !

Lately I have been seeing it in the meadows and by the fields in the way of
Red Clover. ( which to me looks pink)


Benefits of Red ( PINK) Clover

Sweet Edible Flowers
Blood Thinner
Greens are great for your body
Stimulates the Immune System
Used to treat Coughs and Congestion
and Respiratory Conditions

The other day I harvested some clover greens and flowers. I made a simple smoothie out of them. It was delicious !
I had a bit left over in the glass and bottom of Vita Mix when I went to go blackberry picking.
When I came home the bits left over were like a pudding. Thick and creamy. I was even able to turn the vitamix container and the glass upsidedown and it did not come out.

Now I know why I was FULL for HOURS after having the smoothie. Just like chia seeds it bulks up.

Here is the simple recipe I made.

Red Clover Smoothie


2 Cups Water
2 cups Red Clover greens and flowers
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 frozen banana
1 tsp spirulina
1 tsp bee pollen

Mix together in blender and serve fresh.