Saturday, December 6, 2008

60th anniversary of Human Rights....


Later today I will be at the Human Rights Global Dignity Conference here in town. I am looking forward to going there. My friend was one of the people who cocreated this event with some other equally amazing people.
I am glad this conference is on.. usually I take the time to remember the women who died in Montreal at the Polytechnique many years ago. However this
year I did not see anywhere to gather and light a candle. So this conference will allow me on many levels to bring the light to violence against people everywhere.. and remember that we need to counter the acts of violence or human rights abuse with love and light.

In this way I am also bringing forth JOY!!! lol. As I bring Chocolate to offer for sale at the table. I will be donating 10 % of the sales to an organization that is rebuilding after the terrorist acts in India recently. I made three batches of this amazing, wonderful , incredib
ly delicious and Decadent Goji Berry Almond Fudge ... wow. My incredible son helped package them all. He even came up with wonderful way of doing it with the limited packaging resources we had! WOW! Thank you wonderboy!!

Although the photograph for the fudge here is for a similar type,
I have put Organic Almonds instead of the Pecans in this recipe.
Raw Goji Berry Almond Fudge

1 cup Raw Almond Butter
1/2 cup Raw Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Agave
1/4 cup Cocoa Butter ( grated)
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (not melted)
Seeds from 1/4 vanilla pod
pinch Himalayan Salt
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup Goji Berries

  1. Melt the coconut oil and the cocoa butter in jars place in very warm tap water. This takes quite a while.. be patient, change the water often, and stir with a spoon or chopstick. Melt until all liquified.
  2. Add all the ingredients ( except goji berries and chopped almonds ) to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
  3. Place the batter in a small glass cakepan , and gently fold in the goji berries and the almonds.
  4. Place the pan in the fridge or freezer for a couple of hours, or until firm.
  5. With a knife cut into 2 inch squares.
  6. Serve on a nice plate . See how long they last !!!
These are VERY rich. And.. be warned.. chocolate, especially RAW chocolate is stimulating, and will keep children , and maybe even adults awake all night!
( I have only given these to my 10 year old for her birthday present!! )

Peace and light
EJ




No comments: