Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gray And Dreary Outside..

What a difference the weather seems to make for me.

It has been so gray and dreary the last couple of days.. all I want to do is stick my head under the covers and hide.

I am much too practical for that in so many ways ! Today though, I was told.. go to bed, lie down and cover up, by my mom and dad. They insisted a bit of a rest would make me feel better. And taking a break really did.. though I got to my bed for TWO minutes before somebody needed me. Again. ohhh well.

We have not had any rain for weeks and weeks. The veggies in the garden and the raspberries LOVED it! The berries grew very plump and the veggies, especially the sunflower sprouts grew at least 2 inches!

To combat the greyness... I made a very uplifting green smoothie with all the abundant sprouts and berries growing in the garden. This was a surefire way to energize my body and spirits.

I did not take a picture of any of them, but I have one of the berries BEFORE they plumped up!

It worked too.. I did not write down the proportions.. but I did remember what I put in it!

Pick Me Up From the Grey Dreariness Smoothie

2 cups Spring Water
2 REALLY big bunches of Sunflower Sprouts
handful of fresh raspberries
1 tsp maca
1 tsp spirulina
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 tbsp bee pollen

heyyyy.. that was pretty good guestimation!

It was this brilliant emerald green . WOW. It was awesome!

Try it and see for yourself how yummy it can be!

No comments: