Thursday, July 23, 2009

Raw Blackforest Cake


Oh boy.. I had been waiting ALL winter for this time of year! It finally happend!! Cherries, cherries, cherries! What a bumper Crop we have had !!

So, in honour of all that cherry goodness,, I did something I have wanted to do for a LONG time!
I made a Raw Blackforest Cake.

Dani and I are trying some new techniques we are learning through the Sweet Gratitude book. The raw dessert book from the Cafe Gratitude people. Amazing book!

It is so exciting to learn and grow. Seeing the process evolve into something you could only have dreamed of is a thrill that I am happy to say I know well now.

This cake took a long long time to make. It was many stages, and waiting times. Honest, it was a 5 hour process for us this time! Maybe we were tired that day, or maybe there were just a lot of steps and experiments going on. Not sure. But it was worth the effort.

Enjoy the beauty of this splendid cake.. it tasted as good as it looked.

ps. The cherries with the stems were from the neighbourhood. I found the tree on a local walking path.. yum!