Friday, August 7, 2009

Craving Craziness

The last few days I have been have a 'craving' for something. Problem is, I just could not figure out what that craving could be .

Has that ever happened to you ? You go to the fridge, the cupboards or the freezer and rummage around looking for that 'just right' thing to satisfy you ?

I have been using a process of checking in with myself to know if the food I have in my hands, or am considering eating is the one I really want, or if there is something different.

I went through Savoury things like salads, wraps and pates. And sweet things like fruit, fruit popsicles and raw ice cream. Nope. No matches. What could it be ?

I figured that I had gone through all the things I generally eat except avocados, and I LOVE avocados !!

As I was getting ready to head out to the grocery store to quench this craving, I made a quick Green Smoothie. Yummy!!!

AHA!! That was JUST what my body was needing. This was not just a regular green smoothie though, it was a Supercharged Superfood one. Lately I have been eating wonderful raw ice creams and smoothies that have some greens. My body was wanting Spirulina !

I instantly perked up and felt so amazing. My body knew what it was needing, I just needed to listen better.

What will give you a lift today ?

Here's the Smoothie that saved me from my Craving Craziness!! I think I will name it just that.

Ending Craving Craziness Smoothie

2 cups spring water
1 frozen banana
2 cups swiss chard
1 tsp spirulina
1 cup blackberries
1/2 tsp maca
1 tbsp goji berries
1 1/2 tsp bee pollen

Put all ingredients in blender and blend on high until blended.